Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: What the F_ _ _?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member dread64's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2006
    Posts
    62
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just went to the website of the current incarnation af Altec Lansing, and looked at
    their A7s. Did I see that right? $6,000 a piece? As in $12,000 a stereo pair, or $30,000 for 5 channel surround?
    Dudes, I bought mine for $1,000 on e-bay. Sure they're old, but nothing wrong with them that a fresh paint job and some new diaphragms didn't fix right up. Heck, I got some good tweakage ideas from this message board that made them sound even better----free advice, and cheap tweaks.
    I appologize to anyone who might be connected to the makers of these new A7s in some way, but anyone who shells out 12,000 clams is nuts. Great speakers, but not that great. Dear God.

    Dave

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member
    What the F_ _ _?


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    Yup, you read it right. And frankly, your old A7's may well sound better.

    I thinks Sparkomatic jus't doesn't really want to sell them. They are just there as an image enhancer, to give them some legitimacy that they really are Altec.

    And of course there's the old saying- "we don't sell many, but boy when we do..."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.